Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
daddyplayzbass daddyplayzbass is offline

Default sending and receiving forms: missing submit button

I've created a mail merge for emailing to clients, asking them to submit
their response using checkboxes and text boxes. I added a submit button so
clients could submit their response without 'replying' to the email. The
email is in html format and the submit button is formatted as follows:
?Subject="respo nse""
Encoding: html
Method: post
When I send the email, it arrives with everything intact, except that the
submit button and everything that follows it is missing. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

There are a number of features of Word that are not compatible with mail
merge.

The alternative is to create a "roll your own" equivalent to mailmerge using
Docvariable fields in a template in place of Mailmerge fields and have some
vba code itereated through the data source, creating a new document from the
template for each record, setting the values of variables in the document to
the data from the current record in the data source, updating the fields in
the document so that the Docvariable fields display the data and then
emailing the document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"daddyplayzbass" wrote in message
news
I've created a mail merge for emailing to clients, asking them to submit
their response using checkboxes and text boxes. I added a submit button
so
clients could submit their response without 'replying' to the email. The
email is in html format and the submit button is formatted as follows:
?Subject="respo nse""
Encoding: html
Method: post
When I send the email, it arrives with everything intact, except that the
submit button and everything that follows it is missing. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
daddyplayzbass daddyplayzbass is offline

Thanks for the advice. I see that I'm in a bit over my head here. I'm
trying to send an email survey to recipients in a database using checkboxes
and text boxes (all in html). The boxes all arrive fine, but the submit
button doesn't. Also, once the recipient hits reply, the boxes are rendered
useless.

I'm guessing html objects in general aren't compatible with mail merge. Can
you recommend a program that can easily handle the above task in a mail
merge? I also want to be able to send multiple attachments. Any help would
be appreciated.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Once you get the code written, performing what you want to do becomes easy.
Writing the code is perhaps another matter. The program to use to do it
would be Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) in Word. To be able to send
attachments with a mail merge, there is a method in the article "Mail Merge
to E-mail with Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

In your case however, you would not use mailmerge, but the method that I
mentioned in my earlier response would be modified to do the whole thing in
one operation - create individual documents for each record in the data
source and email them out with attachments, the filenames of which would be
in the data source if they differ for each recipient, or if they are the
same for each recipient, the filenames could be included in the code, or
selected by the user at the time that the macro is run.

--

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
daddyplayzbass daddyplayzbass is offline

Thanks. This is all very new for me. I'm sure it will take some work to
fully grasp what I'm doing. In the mean time, I'll lower my sights until I
get a few more code lines under my belt.

BD

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

news I've created a mail merge for emailing to clients, asking them to