Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Sharon Sharon is offline

Default Merged data in Word 2003

I've come up with this problem many times & it's always seemed to right
itself. Except now. I'm using a Word document. I've created a Merged
Document from that document. I've set up an .mdb for that merged document.
Now, in most mail merges I've done, when I click on "next write your letter"
it takes me right to the .mdb so I can put in the info. But, with this
document I'm working on, I click "next write your letter" & then have to go
find the .mdb to attach it to the document. & then, when I go back to the
document (after saving it in the format with the .mdb attached) I have to
find the .mdb again. How do I get it to find its own .mdb that I've already
attached to it several times? What am I doing wrong & how can I correct it
to make it right?

Any help would be appreciated.
--
Sharon
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Is the data source located on a network with a long path name?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP