Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
uncommon

Default Word file names now appear in "blue"

Recently my word 2002 version supplied with a new Inspiron 9300 {12/2005} in
the Works Suite began locking up each time I tried to access the "favorites"
folder to retrieve a document. I uninstalled {via control panel} and to be
sure all files were removed I deleted all references to "MSWord" in the
registry. I re-installed WORD but still had same problem. I finally did a
system restore back to 4/17/06. That seemed to fix the problem. Then on
4/24/06 it stated again. I uninstalled once more and etc... but no
correction was affected. Today 4/27/06 I did a "system restore" back to
4/1/2006. Everything seems to be working now but many of my save file names
when viewing "favorites" or other sub directories now appear in blue text and
some in black - as they usually do.

Why are some file names in blue text?

Jeff Underwood

Thank you for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The filenames in blue indicate compressed files. If you don't want Windows
to compress your files after a certain amount of time, this is a setting you
need to change in Windows--nothing to do with Word.

news