Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sw sw is offline

Default alignment

I am setting up a page that has an item description on the left and then to
the right side of the page I need to enter the items's value. The numbers on
the right side won't line up correctly vertically. Can someone helP?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Use tabs.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sw" wrote in message
I am setting up a page that has an item description on the left and then to
the right side of the page I need to enter the items's value. The numbers
on
the right side won't line up correctly vertically. Can someone helP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sw sw is offline

Thank you very much. When I set the tab, should I then just be able to hit
the tab key and then enter my numbers. Still having trouble getting the
numbers to line up off the decimal. Still learning, guess I need to play
with it more.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Use tabs.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sw" wrote in message
I am setting up a page that has an item description on the left and then to
the right side of the page I need to enter the items's value. The numbers
on
the right side won't line up correctly vertically. Can someone helP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Use a right-aligned tab. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/SettingTabs.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"sw" wrote in message
I am setting up a page that has an item description on the left and then to
the right side of the page I need to enter the items's value. The numbers
on
the right side won't line up correctly vertically. Can someone helP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Then use a decimal tab.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sw" wrote in message
news
Thank you very much. When I set the tab, should I then just be able to
hit
the tab key and then enter my numbers. Still having trouble getting the
numbers to line up off the decimal. Still learning, guess I need to play
with it more.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Use tabs.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"sw" wrote in message
I am setting up a page that has an item description on the left and then
the right side of the page I need to enter the items's value. The
numbers
on
the right side won't line up correctly vertically. Can someone helP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
sw sw is offline

Howcome when I set the tab in format, then I enter my next entry the tab
setting seems to not be set for the next line? Do I have to set it for the
next line? Give me back my typewriter, at least it stayed set! argh!

"sw" wrote in message
I am setting up a page that has an item description on the left and then to
the right side of the page I need to enter the items's value. The numbers
on
the right side won't line up correctly vertically. Can someone helP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Unless you apply the tab setting to a selected block of text or to the
paragraph style itself, the tab setting changes you make apply only to the
current paragraph. Edit the paragraph style and the tab settings will follow
your typing in that style.

"sw" wrote in message
I am setting up a page that has an item description on the left and
then to the right side of the page I need to enter the items's
value. The numbers on
the right side won't line up correctly vertically. Can someone
helP?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NumberAlignment.htm (Word 2003 and
earlier) or http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/N...gnment2007.htm, as
appropriate.

http://word.mvps.org

"sw" wrote in message
news
Thank you very much. When I set the tab, should I then just be able to
hit
the tab key and then enter my numbers. Still having trouble getting the
numbers to line up off the decimal. Still learning, guess I need to play
with it more.

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

Use tabs.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

alignment sherry Microsoft Word Help 1 July 25th 08 03:14 AM
alignment la6973 Microsoft Word Help 5 October 9th 06 11:51 PM
how to create right alignment Lamb Chop New Users 1 September 14th 06 09:41 AM
Alignment lindy Microsoft Word Help 2 September 7th 06 07:04 PM
Alignment problem jezzica85 Microsoft Word Help 1 September 5th 06 07:06 AM