Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CVF CVF is offline

Default My teenager locked a saved file on our computer im worid abt conte

How do i open the file saved in word with a password i sent it to my work
laptop
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bxrswfe Bxrswfe is offline

I got this one from an MVP's website:

Open the doc in Word, then press ALT+SHIFT+F11. The doc opens in the script
editor. From the Edit menu of the script editor, select FIND and type in the
word 'password' in the Find What box. You will be taken to the area of the
doc where the password is stored. Find what looks like this (only an
example):

w:UnprotectPassword5F23E53C/w:Unprotect Password

Now overwrite the number series (in this case - 5F23E53C) with zeros
(00000000), leaving everything alone. Then click on the Save button from the
top menu of the script editor.

WORKS PERFECT!

"CVF" wrote:

How do i open the file saved in word with a password i sent it to my work
laptop

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

That sounds like something you would have got from my web site and it only
works for documents protected for forms - a weak form of protection. A
document password protected against opening requires the password to be
entered at the prompt to decrypt the document in order to open it. Without
the password, you will not be able to open the document.