Kylie B

Default How do I convert Word doc address list to mail merge format

Create a new document. You need to insert the addresses into a table with 1
column. The first row should be the heading row called "Name and Address".
Each row thereafter should have an individual name and address pasted into
it. Make sure you have no returns above the table.

Once you have created this document you can then attach it to a main
document for a mail merge. The field to input will be called "Name and
Address".

Hope this helps.

Kylie B

"Don" wrote:

I have compiled a number of address lists for a mass mailing. I cut and
pasted the information from various sources into a Word document. No special
formatting except as follows:
John Smith
Presidnet
Local Chamber of Commerce
Main Street
Boston, MA.

Is there a way I can convert this information into a format for a merge. I
can't get anything to work using the mail merge wizard. Do I have to do
something to my original lists first to make them compatable for a merge?
Can't figure out how to insert the delimiters.

Thanks!

Doug Robbins

The names in the cells of the first row of the table must conform to the
requirements for their being used as mailmerge fieldnames. "Names and
Addressess" will not do because of the spaces.

Considering from where the OP was starting, he should see "Convert Labels
into Mail Merge Data File" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:
http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels...mail_merge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Don" wrote:

I have compiled a number of address lists for a mass mailing. I cut and
pasted the information from various sources into a Word document. No
special
formatting except as follows:
John Smith
Presidnet
Local Chamber of Commerce
Main Street
Boston, MA.

Is there a way I can convert this information into a format for a merge.
can't get anything to work using the mail merge wizard. Do I have to do
something to my original lists first to make them compatable for a merge?
Can't figure out how to insert the delimiters.

Thanks!

NEED TO CONVERT A WORD ADDRESS LIST TO EXCELL Volunteer for food pantry Microsoft Word Help 2 May 4th 05 03:18 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
how to convert wordperfect 5.0 floppy files to word pcoelho Microsoft Word Help 2 February 17th 05 06:55 PM