Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MarieJ

Default Company Name in Envelopes

Hi,

I'm in Word 2003 and attempting to change the Address Layout for Envelopes
and Labels. I tried this URL plus
http://support.microsoft.com/default.../212345/EN-US/ which is for Word
2000 and it also lists the address book properties. After I create my
AddressLayout autotext entry, and I insert an Address Book entry into the
body of a regular Word document, I get all the information in all the fields
like I want. However, when I am in Envelopes and Labels and choose the same
contact through the Address Book button there, I don't get all the fields
that I have added to the AddressLayout Autotext entry. Does the
AddressLayout autotext entry not work in Envelopes and Labels for Word 2003?

TIA MarieJ

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See €śWD97: How to Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=134901

"DPete14" wrote in message
I want to create an envelope using a contact card from Outlook, including

the
company name. I choose Tools, then Envelopes and Labels, and click on the
address icon, choose my contact, and it appears *without* the company

name,
even though it is included on the Contact card. Is there a setting I'm
missing, or can't I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I don't see a KB article about this for Word 2003, but I know it was a
problem in Word 2002. See "WD2002: Insert Address Button Does Not Use
AddressLayout AutoText Entry" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292127

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See €śWD97: How to Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=134901

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"DPete14" wrote in message
I want to create an envelope using a contact card from Outlook,

including
the
company name. I choose Tools, then Envelopes and Labels, and click on

the
address icon, choose my contact, and it appears *without* the company

name,
even though it is included on the Contact card. Is there a setting

I'm
missing, or can't I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire

Sue is right, of course. There is some sort of buy in Word 2002/2003. The
Insert Address button will follow your AddressLayout autotext in a Word
document but not in the Envelope/Labels dialog box. Considering that the
bug affects both Word 2002 and 2003 (and for all we know, forthcoming
versions, too) it doesn't sound like they are in much of a hurry to fix it!
In the interim, keep those cards and letters coming--somebody might take
notice. You never know.

It's a little kludgy but I have used a workaround that might help. For an
envelope you can use the button to temporarily insert the address your way
in a Word document (or you may already have used it to enter it in a
letter). Highlight/select it and then click Tools, Letters & Mailings, etc.
and when you get to the Envelope window your address should be there
already--your way--and your envelope should be just the way you want.. I
know, it's more clicks. As to labels I always work from a full sheet of
labels although I create the sheet in the Envelopes/labels dialog. There
should be no problem getting the Insert Address button to work properly on a
sheet of labels. Hope this helps.

"MarieJ" wrote in message
[...]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See "WD97: How to Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=134901

so
all may benefit.

"DPete14" wrote in message
I want to create an envelope using a contact card from Outlook,
including

the
company name. I choose Tools, then Envelopes and Labels, and click on
the
address icon, choose my contact, and it appears *without* the company

name,
even though it is included on the Contact card. Is there a setting I'm
missing, or can't I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

You may find it more convenient to use an envelope template.
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm will show you how to grab the address
from Outlook and there are sample envelopes to download
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm with this done for you.

"DPete14" wrote in message
I want to create an envelope using a contact card from Outlook,
including the company name. I choose Tools, then Envelopes and
Labels, and click on the address icon, choose my contact, and it
appears *without* the company name, even though it is included on
the Contact card. Is there a setting I'm missing, or can't I do
this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeanne M Jeanne M is offline

I wondered why, for a year now, the "company_name" disappeared from
envelopes. :-(
Simply fixing AddressLayout autotext didn't do it, no matter how many times
I tried it. But both these work-arounds are working well. Thanks so much.
You two are The Most Valuables in my book.

Jeanne M