Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jackie

Default Table autoformats and paragraph styles

I'm creating a company template, and need to include a table autoformat/style
that defines the font and paragraph properties that each table should adopt.

I created a table Autoformat, and specified the correct font (trebuchet) and
paragraph properties (space before and after: 3pt) - the problem is that
these are never actually applied when I insert a new table - instead each new
table I insert picks up the paragraph style currently in use on the page
(usually Body Text, which has inappropriate spacing before/after).

So, at the moment I have to always adjust the cell para styles after
inserting the table each time - this is a problem because my template users
keep forgetting to make this change.

What's the best way to approach this problem?

(I have seen posts elsewhere that link the problem with a modified Normal
para style - I've tried setting that back to Word's default, but this doesn't
seem to help...)

Many thanks for your attention,

Jackie