Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
karen110 karen110 is offline

Default How to format picture next to a header

Hi,
I have chapter headers formatted with Styles, and want to put a picture to
the left of some of the headers. But when I insert a picture, it moves the
header to the right so that the header is no longer centered. I want the
header to stay put, and just to insert a picture at the left margin.

Thanks,
Karen, using Word 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell[_2_] Terry Farrell[_2_] is offline

You need to right click on the picture and select Properties. Then change
the alignment to In Font of Text. It is now a 'floating object ad can be
accurately positioned without affecting the in line text (Note that you may
need to hold down the ALT key whilst moving it to stop it snapping to the
grid.)

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP