Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Default Setting Column Width

One option is to simply drag the vertical column separators to make whatever
adjustment you wish.

You can also use the markers on the Ruler which become visible when your
insertion point is in the table.

Other ways as well but version of Word - which you didn't mention -
determines how you get to them.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/24/07 1:48 PM, in article
, "Gene L."
wrote:

I have created a table with five columns. I would like to decrease the width
of columns 1, 3 and 5 while increasing the width of columns 2 and 4. If this
can be done, will someone explain to me how to do it?

Many thanks - Merry Christmas!

Gene L

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See the appropriate section of
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm and also
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...ePropProbs.htm

"Gene L." wrote in message
I have created a table with five columns. I would like to decrease the
width of columns 1, 3 and 5 while increasing the width of columns 2 and 4.
If this can be done, will someone explain to me how to do it?

Many thanks - Merry Christmas!

Gene L

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

In Word 2007 click in the table then go to the Layout Tab of the Table Tools
on the Ribbon. Click the Dialog Launcher button in the lower right corner of
the Cell Size group. On the Column page of Table Properties you can set the
desired width for each column.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/24/07 2:22 PM, in article
, "Gene L."
wrote:

Thanks Bob for the quick response. I am using Microsoft Office Word 2007.
Thanks again
Gene L.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gene L. Gene L. is offline