Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wizard Wizard is offline

Default there is no Insert command on my toolbar

I just installed Word 2003. There used to be an Insert command on the tool
bar at the top, but now there isn't.

any idea how to get it back?

Thanks!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

"Insert..." *what* on *which* toolbar? - There are several insert buttons on
the Standard Toolbar already (Insert Table, Insert Hyperlink, Insert MS
Excel Worksheet).

If you are looking to insert something else by way of a toolbar button, have
a look in ToolsCustomize - Commands, locate what you think you are
'missing' & drag the Command to anywhere on whichever toolbar you wish. It
will be added as a button.

--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Wizard" wrote in message
I just installed Word 2003. There used to be an Insert command on the tool
bar at the top, but now there isn't.

any idea how to get it back?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErr...ngMenusEtc.htm and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oreMenuCmd.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Wizard wrote:
I just installed Word 2003. There used to be an Insert command on the
tool bar at the top, but now there isn't.

any idea how to get it back?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wizard Wizard is offline

Thanks for your reply. At the top of the screen are these commands:

File Edit View Format Tools Table Quickword Window Help

There used to be one in here called Insert. I want to insert a picture in a
Worf document. I used to be able to click on Insert, then Picture.

Joe

"Wizard" wrote in message
I just installed Word 2003. There used to be an Insert command on the tool
bar at the top, but now there isn't.

any idea how to get it back?

Thanks!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Ah - You're referring to the Insert *Menu* on the Menu Bar, not a toolbar...
See Jay's reply for the fix.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones