Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RoxSn RoxSn is offline

Default Buggy tables and styles

I have a large report with a lot of tables and the tables are buggy, which is
not uncommon in v.2003. Often saving as .rtf will help but it did not in this
case. I'm trying to work with them but they won't accept a style no matter
what... it keeps making it justified, 18pt line spacing and it supposed to be
left justified and single-spaced. I've tried removing formatting, applying
Normal style, Ctrl+space to force, and nothing makes it take the style as
defined.

A second problem is that someone (the file may have been with any number of
people before we get it) has changed the cell margins to be different from
table margins and I've only been able to get them change by going through the
steps for each and every table cell. It won't let me select several cells and
tell it "same as whole table" and this is getting tiresome for so many
tables. I tried making a macro and that wouldn't work.

Is there any fix other than converting the tables to text and back? That
would mean many more hours of work since the cells are full of bullets.

Thanks for any ideas you may have.