Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sb2006 sb2006 is offline

Default Remove line of characters inserted by Word 2003

When I type a string of 3 or more * or = or _ characters, word inserts a line
of these characters in the document. They are a pest!! I can't even
select these word inserted lines to delete or cut them. These lines seem
to follow the text everywhere- from page to page and also when I cut and
paste the text to a new document they appear in the new document. How can
I remove these lines?