Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LFP LFP is offline

Default Capitalizing a list of name

I have a user who wants to automate capitaling the first letters in a list of
first names and last names. I see where I could make everything upper or
lower but is there a way to just capitalize the first letter?
--
LFP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

LFP wrote:
I have a user who wants to automate capitaling the first letters in a
list of first names and last names. I see where I could make
everything upper or lower but is there a way to just capitalize the
first letter?

Select the text, then click Format Change Case Title Case.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

And... if you're using Word 2007, the feature is accessed by clicking the
Change Case tool (in the Font section of the Home ribbon tab), then choosing
Capitalize Each Word.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
LFP wrote:
I have a user who wants to automate capitaling the first letters in a
list of first names and last names. I see where I could make
everything upper or lower but is there a way to just capitalize the
first letter?

Select the text, then click Format Change Case Title Case.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

In 2003 and prior, Insert, Autotext, Autotext, AutoCorrect, Capitalize first
letter of sentences. 2007 - maybe under Insert, Quick Parts, Building Blocks
Organizer.
This will, to a certain extent, automate the capitalizing of the first
letter, but if the First and Last name are in the same paragraph, only the
First name will be corrected. I have in the past used a two column table,
entered the first and last names in the seperate columns and individual rows
(usually imported from Excel), then use Table to Text to return to paragraphs.
To follow on from Jay and Herb: Shift+F3 will toggle between the capitalise
options (no-caps, Inital-Caps, ALL-CAPS) this works in 2007 as well as older
versions. This function is one of many that repeats with the F4 key.
Hope this helps
DeanH