Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
theIThombre theIThombre is offline

Default Combining documents

Hey Gang,

I have three teams that are working on a 250 page report. Each one is
working on a section of the document and is about ready to combine three
different documents into one. My question is how is this done? How can I take
three different documents and combine them into one large document?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
--
The IT Hombre

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Guruveer Guruveer is offline

Hi,

In the Database window, click Tables on the Objects bar.

On the File menu, point to Get External Data, and then click Import.

In the Files of type box, click Text Files.

Click the text file that you want to import, and then click Import.

Follow the directions in the Import Text Wizard dialog boxes.

"theIThombre" wrote:

Hey Gang,

I have three teams that are working on a 250 page report. Each one is
working on a section of the document and is about ready to combine three
different documents into one. My question is how is this done? How can I take
three different documents and combine them into one large document?

Can anyone help?

Thanks,
--
The IT Hombre

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi ITHombre,

You can use:
.. copy & paste, to paste each document into a new one (or to paste all the contents into just one of the existing documents)
.. Insert|Object|Text from File to insert each document into a new one (or to insert all the contents into just one of the existing
documents)
.. use INCLUDETEXT fields to link all the documents together in a new file, or one of the existing ones (see Word's help file for
details).

Alternatively, if all you need to do is to generate a common table of contents, you can create a new document with the TOC field and
RD fields pointing to each of the source documents. Again, see Word's help file for details.

--
Cheers
macropod