Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
afdmello afdmello is offline

Default Table out of page

When I insert a column the table shoots outside the page and I find it
difficult to bring it in again.
What causes the table to move out and how do I prevent this behavior?

afd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

There is a command that autofits the table to the window (which means to the
container it is in); this is what you should be using in cases such as this
one.

The exact location of the command depends on which version of Word you are
using. For example, in Word 2007, you'll find it on the Table Tools Layout
tab: In the Cell Size group, click AutoFit | AutoFit Window.

After you have inserted the column you may want to fix the colum widths
again by choosing AutoFit | Fixed Colum Width.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP