Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rugbymikes Rugbymikes is offline

Default How do I permanently remove the mark-up feature from coming up in

I was provided a word 2003 document and every time the document is opened it
has the mark-up view. How do I remove this feature? I know how to remove it
after it is already open but I don't want this enabled when I send the file.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

There are two reasons why the document opens in markup view:
1. The document contains tracked changes and
2. The setting Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving in Tools
Options Security tab is turned on (which it is by default). It causes any

tracked changes found in a document to be shown when you open the document
(Final Showing Markup view).

It is the setting of Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving on
the individual users computer that determines how the document opens. If you
want to make sure that the document does not open in markup view on any
computer, you must make sure that it does not contain any markup. From the
Reviewing toolbar, you can accept all changes in the document from the menu
that appears when you click the arrow to the right of the Accept Change icon
(the checkmark).

It is recommended to keep the setting Make hidden markup visible when
opening or saving turned on. if users turn off the setting, they risk
distributing documents with tracked changes without being aware of it.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Rugbymikes" wrote:

I was provided a word 2003 document and every time the document is opened it
has the mark-up view. How do I remove this feature? I know how to remove it
after it is already open but I don't want this enabled when I send the file.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alanrbray alanrbray is offline

I'm having the same problem. Did you get an answer to your question? Please
reply.