Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LF LF is offline

Default How do I remove the blue background on all new word documents?

I accidentally used a blue background on a document and now all new word docs
have a blue background - how do I remove it? or go back to the default?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheese_whiz Cheese_whiz is offline

Hi LF,

You've probably inadvertently modified the 'normal.dot' tempate file.

Check out this link:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/wo...210281033.aspx

You probably need to go in there and remove a background color. You could
probably also just delete the current normal.dot file and word should create
a new one for you. However, if you've made changes to the normal.dot
template that you want to keep, then you shouldn't go the 'delete' route and
just follow the link instructions.

CW

"LF" wrote:

I accidentally used a blue background on a document and now all new word docs
have a blue background - how do I remove it? or go back to the default?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Loris Loris is offline

On the Tools menu, select Options and then the General Tab. You should see a
check box for "Blue Background, White Text". Uncheck the box and click OK,
then try opening a new document and see if that solves your problem.