Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John[_8_] John[_8_] is offline

Default Configuration Setup Message

I just installed Office 2007. All went well. All of the applications
worked. Now, just a couple of days later, whenever I try to open Word 2007,
a setup window begins a configuration process, with a progress bar moving
slowly, very slowly. I have not let this run to completion because I'm
uncertain as to whether this is normal, after having successfully completed
the installation of the package. What should I do? and Why is this
happening?

--
John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rich Rich is offline

I get exactly the same problem. I normally just close the configuration
process by using the top corner X.It does not obviously cause a problem

Do you have previous versions of Word also installed? I wonder if this has
naything to do with it?

I wish I had an answer to this annoying problem.

"John" wrote:

I just installed Office 2007. All went well. All of the applications
worked. Now, just a couple of days later, whenever I try to open Word 2007,
a setup window begins a configuration process, with a progress bar moving
slowly, very slowly. I have not let this run to completion because I'm
uncertain as to whether this is normal, after having successfully completed
the installation of the package. What should I do? and Why is this
happening?

--
John

configuration setup runs occasionally. Phillip N. Hancock, Sr. Microsoft Word Help 0 February 28th 07 02:55 AM
Configuration jay New Users 1 July 3rd 06 11:14 PM
"this MSI must be launched through setup" message? JorgeC. Microsoft Word Help 1 February 16th 06 05:47 PM
I have an error message when I try to use page setup Jakartauser Page Layout 1 August 18th 05 01:09 PM
Unrelated error message when trying to do page setup. D. Zalkin Page Layout 4 July 6th 05 03:43 PM