Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Urgent Urgent is offline

Default Help

Hi,

I've created the following Word document and I have sent it out as an
attachment in an e-mail to several people. They have e-mailed me back saying
that it is a read-only document and they cannot enter information into it.
What did I do wrong? The document was originally created for a mail-merge
and I then saved each created document from the merge and e-mailed it out.

Mary Burlack Family Information

Name
Date of Birth Place
Spouse Name
Date of Birth
Wedding Date
Address

City
Prov
Postal Code

Phone Number
E-Mail
Would you attend a Family Reunion in 2009?

I already have the information on your parents Bill & Mary Shewchuk but
missing information about you and your children through to Great
Grandchildren.

You will notice that I have completed some of the information, please make
any changes that are necessary. I apologize in advance for any spelling,
date, spousal, or address mistakes. The reason for this form is to ensure
all information is correct.

If you have additional information please use the space provided below.

Enclosed you will find several pages please complete using the following
directions:
1) Fill out the above form with your information
2) Fill out the following forms with your childrens information
3) Fill out Grandchildren form with information about your Childrens Children
4) Fill out the Great Grandchild form, if there are any
5) Complete the first 4 steps to include all of your children

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kate Kate is offline

Have them open it as "readonly" and then do a "save as." They should then be
able to enter whatever they want.

"Urgent" wrote:

Hi,

I've created the following Word document and I have sent it out as an
attachment in an e-mail to several people. They have e-mailed me back saying
that it is a read-only document and they cannot enter information into it.
What did I do wrong? The document was originally created for a mail-merge
and I then saved each created document from the merge and e-mailed it out.

Mary Burlack Family Information

Name
Date of Birth Place
Spouse Name