Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DonerBee DonerBee is offline

Default Creating a form in Word 2007

I want to create a form in Word 2007. I want to password protect the form so
that users cannot change the format or the static text. I want to have areas
(fields) that can be filled in by the user AND I want the user to be able to
format the filled in text i.e., make some words bold, or italic or even
create a bulleted list - all within the confines of a designated space or
text field.

help! I've tried restricitng access to all but a few chosen styles - but
when I set the protection on the form and test it - No formatting of the text
in any style is allowed. Is there some way that I can allow various
formatting styles for filled-in text and at the same time protect the form?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In short, no. Functions that require the form to be unlocked will require
you to provide macros to unlock, perform the function and re-lock, using
code similar to http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...ProtectDoc.htm

You can include unprotected sections which will allow formatting, but
protected documents that are not simply forms are often more trouble than
they are worth. The fact that you are using free text editing with bulleted
lists suggests that protected forms may not be ideal for your requirements.
Why for example can your staff not be trusted to complete the document
without the need for such protection? Maybe some training would be a better
option? Then you could use (say) macrobutton fields as text position
indicators http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm