Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
lavaghman lavaghman is offline

Default Using quick parts, mail merge etc

Hi there,

I have a large Word document (maybe 50 pages) that I use on a regular basis
and needs to be modified each time. I used to just highlight the parts the
parts that always needed to change and then this would attract my attention
to them for editing. However now the document has grown and I'm looking for
some time saving changes!

I have experimented with using an excel file as a source file where u fill
in details for that instnace of the document and then create a mail merge in
Word to pull the data in from this excel file into my doc with the merge
fields inserted wherever I need them. But because there are whole blocks of
formatted text that can change it is not entirely successful.

I then experimented with saving a quick part but that gets a little messy
too.

Any suggestions for the best approach to this task? Or maybe an example of
what someone has done to achieve the same?

Your help is much appreciated.

Many Thanks, John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It may be possible to replace the variable texts with macrobutton fields and
save the resulting document as a template. Then create new documents as
required from that template moving between the fields with F11.
or
Use IncludeText fields in your main document and include the texts from a
document or documents that you can use to maintain the variable texts.

lavaghman wrote:
[...]

Quick parts and Styles GoldZ Microsoft Word Help 1 February 29th 08 03:51 AM
How To Backup Quick Parts Galen[_2_] Microsoft Word Help 1 February 12th 08 12:44 AM
Quick Parts Vicky Microsoft Word Help 3 November 9th 07 09:36 PM
word quick parts Shaun Microsoft Word Help 1 October 15th 07 09:43 AM
Quick parts MADS New Users 1 July 24th 06 11:55 AM