Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Schmeploy Schmeploy is offline

Default Having a Building Block gallery and Check boxes in same document

Hi All

Word 2007 - Challenge:
Having a Building Block Gallery (Content Control) and a Check Box (Legacy
Form) in the same document. Can it be done?
Basically I just wanted to create a document with Content Controls where,
using BB Galleries, I could select lots of pre-defined 'paragraphs' and also
different options using Drop-down Boxes. All was well. Now I just needed some
Check-boxes - but as stated elsewhere, you can't check/uncheck 'em unless you
Restrict (Protect Document) your doc to "Filling in forms". But then the
BB-Gals don't work.

Before I disregard the idea of having Check-boxes, is there any of you who
can tell me if there is a solution/work-around?

Of all the Content Controls I found that only "BBGals" and "Picture CC" stop
working when Restricting to Filling in forms. The rest still work (Rich Text,
Text, Combo, Drop-Down, DatePicker).
Tried to "section in" the part with the Check-boxes and only protecting
that, but the BBGals still go offline.

Any thoughts?
Thanks in advance!

--
- Deploy Schmeploy
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 07:41:00 -0700, Schmeploy
wrote:

[...]

MVP Greg Maxey has been working on this. He published his scheme at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Custom_CC_Checkboxes.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Schmeploy Schmeploy is offline

Default Having a Building Block gallery and Check boxes in same docume

Thanks for the link Jay - Gregs AddInn is very nifty and does the trick for
me!

--
- Deploy Schmeploy