Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Default lock template changes

You can create a form. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...nTheBlanks.htm and especially
the links to articles by Dian D Chapman.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Marj" wrote:

I would like to lock templates to prevent any changes--absolutely none, not
even adding styles. I'm familiar with protecting the styles and preventing
selected styles from being changed but this isn't enough. Is there a way to
freeze a template?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
marj marj is offline

Thank you Stefan. I checked out your information and links. Unfortunately a
form will not work for this case. There are too many variables in these
documents. I read every word, however, and got a lot of information that I
did not know about forms so your information was definitely used. An example
fo a template I might use is:
1. Heading
2. heading
a. each template style would be copied and repeated many times
(1) with different data
(a) with no set number of headings

"Marj" wrote:

I would like to lock templates to prevent any changes--absolutely none, not
even adding styles. I'm familiar with protecting the styles and preventing
selected styles from being changed but this isn't enough. Is there a way to
freeze a template?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I'm not sure I understand what you are looking for. What kind of editing do
you want to allow in documents created from the template?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP