Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Wilian0522 Wilian0522 is offline

Default how do I scan a document that allows me to make changes?

I'm trying to scan a document in to word and be able to change, delete add
more to the document but it only scans it as a picture file. how can i
convert the scan into a word doc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

You need to use OCR software. Your scanner probably came with some.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Wilian0522" wrote in message
news
I'm trying to scan a document in to word and be able to change, delete add
more to the document but it only scans it as a picture file. how can i
convert the scan into a word doc.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BostonBaked BostonBaked is offline

On Apr 1, 5:07*pm, Wilian0522
wrote:
I'm trying to scan a document in to word and be able to change, delete add
more to the document but it only scans it as a picture file. how can i
convert the scan into a word doc.

Check your computer's programs for

Programs Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Tools Microsoft
Office Document Imaging

and/or

Programs Microsoft Office Microsoft Office Tools Microsoft
Office Document Scanning

If you have these, you may be able to easily "Send text to Word" after
scanning. It may be a part of Office 2003 Professional.

The text will still need to be verified (a little proof-reading), but
it comes out much better than some old free OCRs I used long ago.