Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jite Jite is offline

Default Word count

I was just wondering if it is possible to exclude certain things e.g. tables,
captions etc from a word count?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Jite wrote:
I was just wondering if it is possible to exclude certain things e.g.
tables, captions etc from a word count?

One way would be to select only the parts you want counted (hold Ctrl and
drag to add disconnected parts of the text, or maybe use the "Highlight all
items found in" option of the Find dialog) and then look at the word count.

A similar method would be to take a word count of the whole document, then
take a word count of the parts you want to exclude, and subtract the second
count from the first.

If you need to do this often, and the criteria for what to exclude are
always the same, a macro could be made to do it with one click.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman