Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
th th is offline

Default How do I set the default settings to M.S. Word 2003?

1-Something has happened to my MS Word program. I now have a bold underline
under the cursor. How do I remove this underline (that I didn't crete)?
2-Since the underline appeared, if I copy and paste someting, I loose the
forematting from the previous doccument.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

Try to press the Esc key. Hopefully, this will bring you back to normal mode.

My guess is that you pressed the key combination Alt+Ctrl+- (hyphen) €“ this
changes to a mode that lets you customize menus and toolbars. In that mode,
you can remove items from menus and toolbars by clicking them so be careful€¦

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"TH" wrote:

1-Something has happened to my MS Word program. I now have a bold underline
under the cursor. How do I remove this underline (that I didn't crete)?
2-Since the underline appeared, if I copy and paste someting, I loose the
forematting from the previous doccument.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

At a guess, you're in Normal view, with Draft view enabled. Try switching
to Print Layout view (it's on the View menu, or use the View buttons on the
horizontal scroll bar).