Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
John Penton John Penton is offline

Default MS-Word 2007 is re-ordering tables

I have a fairly straightforward document - text and inline tables -
though I have double line spacing and the tables are multi-page.
However, in a number of cases a table is getting munged - it exists
after a paragraph, and yet the first row of the table is being placed
at the top (right at the top) of the page before some or all of the
paragraph. A large amount of whitespace is left, then the end of the
paragraph and then (on the next page) the rest of the table.

"Allow row to break..." seems to work as expected - I either get some
or all of the first table row in the wrong place (though there is more
than enough space for all of it.
"Repeat as header row..." is _not_ on - and in any case, I wouldn't
expect this feature to move the header row beforw the preceding
paragraph.
The various paragraph controls "Widow/orphan", "Keep with..." etc.
appear to have no effect.

In one case I was able to fix this by changing the number of carriage
returns between the paragraph and the table, but it is not working in
all cases.

Anyone got any idea what is going on - or more importantly how I might
fix it.

John

Product ordering form Arup C Microsoft Word Help 1 November 2nd 07 11:45 AM
How do I auto complete forms when ordering on line? Fleur Microsoft Word Help 4 April 22nd 07 12:20 AM
word 2007; tables. ernest_young Tables 1 March 28th 07 03:35 AM
Re-ordering Pages in Large Document Cheri Microsoft Word Help 2 November 1st 06 04:29 PM
How do I change the ordering sequence on nested table? Hardik Tables 1 December 7th 04 08:13 PM