Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
F1R3F1GHT F1R3F1GHT is offline

Default How do i remove tabs from text?

I am doing a school assignment that requires the use of tabs. My problem is
that I need to remove the tabs on 1 line of text while leaving the rest
there. The line that has been highlighted in the picture shown below is the
line that needs to be formatted. I am using the Word 2010 beta, so any
information that relates to Word 2007 would be great.
href="http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/oo105/Firefight_95/?action=view&current=Capture.jpg"
target="_blank"img
src="http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo105/Firefight_95/Capture.jpg"
border="0" alt="Photobucket"/a

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 17:48:02 -0800, F1R3F1GHT
wrote:

I am doing a school assignment that requires the use of tabs. My problem is
that I need to remove the tabs on 1 line of text while leaving the rest
there. The line that has been highlighted in the picture shown below is the
line that needs to be formatted. I am using the Word 2010 beta, so any
information that relates to Word 2007 would be great.
href="http://s366.photobucket.com/albums/oo105/Firefight_95/?action=view&current=Capture.jpg"
target="_blank"img
src="http://i366.photobucket.com/albums/oo105/Firefight_95/Capture.jpg"
border="0" alt="Photobucket"/a

It's impossible to tell from that picture (because you didn't display
nonprinting characters), but I'll assume there is a paragraph mark
(made by pressing Enter) at the end of each line and not a manual line
break (made by pressing Shift+Enter).

In that case, with the cursor on the highlighted line, use the mouse
to grab each of the tab markers (the L-shaped marks) in the ruler,
drag it downward off the ruler, and drop it in the text area -- that
will delete the tab stop.

It's also impossible to tell from the picture whether there are any
tab characters in that line. If you turn on nonprinting characters (by
clicking the ¶ button in the Paragraph group of the Home ribbon), you
will see any tab characters as small rightward-pointing arrows; you
can select them and delete them like any other character. Click the ¶
button again to turn off the nonprinting character display.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In addition to Jay's instructions, you might want to note that "teachers
pigion hole" should be "teacher's pigeonhole."

http://word.mvps.org