Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Guy Delaney[_3_] Guy Delaney[_3_] is offline

Default Formatting Address Directory Page

I am runnning Microsoft Word 2003. I have a rather large personal
address/telephone directory--about 200 entries. All of the entries are not
the same length. Some have home phone, business phone, cell phone, email
address, etc., and some have more or less of that informatioon. I have this
data formatted for an 8 1/2"X 11" page in two columns. My data at the end
of each column breaks in such a way that the data of each entry is not kept
together. I would not like for the data to flow from column to column but
each person's data to stay together in the same column.

How can I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi[_2_] TedMi[_2_] is offline

On the lines making up each person's address data, use Shift-enter to end
the line. Use Enter after the last line of a person's data. That will make
each person's data a single paragraph. Format each paragraph to "Keep lines
together". To help you keep track of where paragraphs end, turn on
visibility of formatting marks. Line breaks will appear as a hooked arrow,
paragraph breaks as ¶ (it's called a pilcrow).
-TedMi

"Guy Delaney" wrote in message
I am runnning Microsoft Word 2003. I have a rather large personal
address/telephone directory--about 200 entries. All of the entries are not
the same length. Some have home phone, business phone, cell phone, email
address, etc., and some have more or less of that informatioon. I have this
data formatted for an 8 1/2"X 11" page in two columns. My data at the end
of each column breaks in such a way that the data of each entry is not kept
together. I would not like for the data to flow from column to column but
each person's data to stay together in the same column.

How can I do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Guy Delaney[_3_] Guy Delaney[_3_] is offline

This lworks great except for one thing. When I try to set a tab on one or
more of the lines within each record, the whole record assumes the tab. Is
there a way to avoid that?

"TedMi" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Guy Delaney[_3_] Guy Delaney[_3_] is offline

I should say, when I try to set a third tab, all of the data at the second
tab goes to the third tab.

"TedMi" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This is the first time you've mentioned a tab. Does the paragraph have a
hanging indent? Or is Tab functioning as an indent because you have the
relevant AutoFormat As You Type option enabled?

http://word.mvps.org