Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Paula S Paula S is offline

Default Page Breaks

I want to set up the body of a novel for auto page breaks after 250 words are
typed. Is this possible? I am tired of having to go to word count and
manually enter a page break. Also, I want to avoid corrections to this during
editing!!!

HELP!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You cannot do that.

However, if you just type text and then run a macro containing the
following code, it will insert a page break before each 251st Word

Dim myrange As Range
Selection.HomeKey wdStory
With Selection.Find
.ClearFormatting
.Execute FindText:="^b", Replace:=wdReplaceAll, ReplaceWith:="",
Forward:=True, MatchWildcards:=False
End With
Selection.HomeKey wdStory
Start:
Set myrange = Selection.Range
myrange.End = ActiveDocument.Range.End
If myrange.Words.Count 250 Then
myrange.Words(251).Select
Selection.Collapse wdCollapseStart
Selection.InsertBreak
GoTo Start
Else
Exit Sub
End If

Running it again will remove all of the page breaks and re-insert them again
in new positions if the text has changed.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.