Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scormodo Scormodo is offline

Default Open Word 2007 With Page In Center Of Screen

When I open a document in Word 2007 (using Windows 7) I would like for the
document to be zoomed @ 100% but in the center of the screen. Currently, all
of my documents are left aligned but I would like them to be in the center of
the screen.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Unfortunately, Word doesn't provide any way to force that view. The
position (one page centered, or two positioned left and right) is set
automatically on the basis of the screen resolution and the zoom
factor.

You can have any *two* of a high screen resolution, 100% zoom, and a
centered page, but you cannot get all three at the same time.

By experiment, I can get a centered page at 100% zoom (actually, 98%
or more) with a resolution of 1680x1050.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 18:34:01 -0800, Scormodo
wrote:

When I open a document in Word 2007 (using Windows 7) I would like for the
document to be zoomed @ 100% but in the center of the screen. Currently, all
of my documents are left aligned but I would like them to be in the center of
the screen.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

If you work with Word in a window instead of full screen, you'll be able to
center the document on the screen, and when you open a document it should be
at the zoom and window position it was in when saved & closed.

Pam

Scormodo wrote:
When I open a document in Word 2007 (using Windows 7) I would like for the
document to be zoomed @ 100% but in the center of the screen. Currently, all
of my documents are left aligned but I would like them to be in the center of
the screen.

Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Scormodo Scormodo is offline

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions and insight. It's weird that MS
doesn't include this feature but it is what it is.

Pam, your suggestion works best for me.

Thanks again!!