Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
MaxArk[_22_] MaxArk[_22_] is offline

Default Some data Merging as Zero, not the text in the data

I am merging data from an Excel database into a word document using the
mail merge feature.

I am merging a column of data with a header name of "unit$".
I have noticed that in most cases it merges data accurately, but with
some instances, where the datasource is text, like upper, east , west
etc, it will merge into the document as a 0 (zero).

When I look at the merge field in the merge document, it shows as
"unit", not "unit$". I cannot seem to place "unit$", as all my efforts
automatically revert to "unit"

Is this the cause of my inaccurately merged data? Are "$" not permitted
in merge fields?

Jenn

--
MaxArk