Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Goran Ivanic Goran Ivanic is offline

Default How to disable "Really save?" prompt after just printing a word doc?

I open a Word (2003) doc and just print it (I change nothing!).
Then I want to exit again but be always prompted if I want to save the changes I made.

Hey Word! I HAVE NOT MADE ANY CHANGES.
Why do you ask me?

Can I avoid this annoying, misleading prompts?

Goran

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default How to disable "Really save?" prompt after just printing a word do

When you do a print from Word, many functions can be activated.
Look in Tools, Print, see if any of the top set of options are checked.
Having these all blank will NOT change this function and you will often
still get this save check.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Goran Ivanic" wrote:

I open a Word (2003) doc and just print it (I change nothing!).
Then I want to exit again but be always prompted if I want to save the changes I made.

Hey Word! I HAVE NOT MADE ANY CHANGES.
Why do you ask me?

Can I avoid this annoying, misleading prompts?

Goran

Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support,microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Head Hunter Head Hunter is offline

If the original file is from a different version of Word, it will want to
save as the new version. Or, if the date is either in a header/footer is
set to be "today", or the header/footer shows the file path, or other things
like that can cause that message. Or, it could just be trying to freak you
out.