Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
UlvaZell UlvaZell is offline

Default pagination problem

I have a document that has several pages that are both portrait and
landscape. Section breaks have been inserted to get the pages to display and
print in the proper orientation. The problem however is page 5 is landscape
and page 6 is portrait and the numbering in the footer skips from 5 on page
five to 7 on page six. For the life of me I cannot figure this out. Help...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Format the page numbers (via Insert Page Number dialog, or form the button
on the header and footer toolbar and change the setting to Continue from
Previous.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"UlvaZell" wrote in message
I have a document that has several pages that are both portrait and
landscape. Section breaks have been inserted to get the pages to display
and
print in the proper orientation. The problem however is page 5 is
landscape
and page 6 is portrait and the numbering in the footer skips from 5 on
page
five to 7 on page six. For the life of me I cannot figure this out.
Help...

noxela noxela is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Robbins - Word MVP View Post

"UlvaZell" wrote in message
I have a document that has several pages that are both portrait and
landscape. Section breaks have been inserted to get the pages to display
and
print in the proper orientation. The problem however is page 5 is
landscape
and page 6 is portrait and the numbering in the footer skips from 5 on
page
five to 7 on page six. For the life of me I cannot figure this out.
Help...

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One (even if 1
column is already selected), then OK. Does that help? If so, you'll need to
do the same thing in Normal.dot; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for instructions on
how to find and modify Normal.dot.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think it's much more likely that Word is converting the Next Page section
break to an Odd Page break to avoid printing portrait on the back of
landscape. It may be possible to correct this by changing the section start
type on the Layout tab of Page Setup.

"UlvaZell" wrote in message
I have a document that has several pages that are both portrait and
landscape. Section breaks have been inserted to get the pages to display
and
print in the proper orientation. The problem however is page 5 is
landscape
and page 6 is portrait and the numbering in the footer skips from 5 on
page
five to 7 on page six. For the life of me I cannot figure this out.
Help...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
UlvaZell UlvaZell is offline

I finally figured it out. First I set the view to Normal. Next I went down
to the section break just before the problem pages and highlighted that
section break. Using "Page setup " and "Layout". With section start set at
"New Page" I selected for it to apply the preview to the "whole document"
The program converted all of the section breaks for the whole document to
"End of Section". Pagination is now working correctly

"UlvaZell" wrote:

I have a document that has several pages that are both portrait and
landscape. Section breaks have been inserted to get the pages to display and
print in the proper orientation. The problem however is page 5 is landscape
and page 6 is portrait and the numbering in the footer skips from 5 on page
five to 7 on page six. For the life of me I cannot figure this out. Help...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
UlvaZell UlvaZell is offline

I finally figured it out. Basically I set the view to "normal". Then I went
to the section break just before the problem area of the document and
highlighted that section break. Using "page setup" and "layout" I then set
section start to "new page" and then selected "apply preview" to the "whole
document". When I selected "okay" it converted all of the section breaks to
say "end of section". Pagination now works perfectly