Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BoomerM3 BoomerM3 is offline

Default Test for font color (WD 2007)

I have a long document (in Word 2007) that has hyperlinks that were
created in an odd red/brown. I am trying to do a find/replace to
change the color to standard hyperlink blue.

I am unable to determine the color of the font that was used.
Therefore any find I do fails. Is there a way to test for the font
color and determine the color name or the RGB component?

MS had published a method to do this, but it only works in 2003, and
not 2007.

thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Have you tried to modify the Hyperlink style itself?
If you don't see this style listed in the Styles and Formatting dialog,
change the list
"Show" to all styles. Modify the style from the Red/brown to blue, then OK.
All the hyperlink on this style should hopefully change. IF they don't
change, do a Replace for the style for Find Hyperlink, Replace with
Hyperlink, that should refresh all of them.
The instructions above are for 2003 and prior, but should hopefully point
you to the right area in 2007.
Best of luck
DeanH

"BoomerM3" wrote:

I have a long document (in Word 2007) that has hyperlinks that were
created in an odd red/brown. I am trying to do a find/replace to
change the color to standard hyperlink blue.

I am unable to determine the color of the font that was used.
Therefore any find I do fails. Is there a way to test for the font
color and determine the color name or the RGB component?

MS had published a method to do this, but it only works in 2003, and
not 2007.

thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Boomer,

In addition to the suggestion to review or change the hyperlink style in Word, note that in Word 2007 hyperlink and followed
hyperlink colors are two of the colors that can change on the fly, following a definition of the currently applied Word theme.

To see if that is the case, with the document open on screen use
Page Layout=Theme colors
The currently active theme color set will be outlined in yellow (may be easier to see which one is active from Page Layout=Themes)

While in the 'Theme colors' dialog mouse over the list of choices to see if the hyperlink changes colors during the process. Right
clicking on any of the color theme choices and choosing 'Edit' will show what the hyperlink and followed hyperlink choices are for
the current theme.

When you're in the Edit Theme Colors dialog, to get the RGB value of the hyperlink color for that theme click on
Hyperlink=More Colors=Custom

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP