Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
alanrbray alanrbray is offline

Default Mark-up View

I was provided a word 2003 document and every time the document is opened it
has the mark-up view. How do I remove this feature? I know how to remove it
after it is already open but I don't want this enabled when I send the file.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

alanrbray wrote:
I was provided a word 2003 document and every time the document is
opened it has the mark-up view. How do I remove this feature? I know
how to remove it after it is already open but I don't want this
enabled when I send the file.

Changing the view to Final does not remove the markup from the document, and
if you send the document to someone else then they will be able to see the
markup. To remove it, you _must_ either accept or reject all of the tracked
changes and comments in the document -- either one by one, or all at once
(click the down arrow on the Accept or Reject button on the Reviewing
toolbar).

If you want to keep the changes active, then make a copy of the document,
remove all the markup from the copy, and send the copy, keeping the original
for yourself.

The reason Word defaults to opening in the Final With Markup view is
precisely to prevent you from sending out documents from which you have
forgotten to remove the changes -- which might be embarrassing or worse.
There is an option (in the Security tab of the Options dialog) to turn it
off, but you do that at your considerable risk.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Mark Up View Paige Microsoft Word Help 1 April 11th 07 03:38 AM
mark up view ttinney New Users 2 October 21st 05 10:20 PM
How do I start not in mark up view? JV Microsoft Word Help 1 June 11th 05 09:38 PM
In the view menu Mark Up is always on troubled Tables 1 May 16th 05 02:45 PM
mark up view LJW Microsoft Word Help 1 December 3rd 04 05:39 PM