Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kate10281107 Kate10281107 is offline

Default create fields in a word 2003 document

Proposal form that is used often. Fields would be filled in with text such as
names, dates, numbers.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Kate10281107 wrote:
Proposal form that is used often. Fields would be filled in with text
such as names, dates, numbers.

You may want a protected form:
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

Or you may be better off with MacroButton fields set up with "Click here and
type" prompts:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm

The "gold-plated" approach is a macro-driven userform (custom dialog) that
collects the information and inserts it in the correct places in the
document:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userfo...eAUserForm.htm

Whatever approach you take, make it a template that you can choose in the
File New dialog to base new documents. That's much better than trying to
re-use previously filled form documents.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman