Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RB RB is offline

Default Save numbered list with ordered list tags

In Office 2007 when I save a numbered list as filtered HTML, the tags are
saved as paragraph p tags instead of the ol tags. Is there a way to save
a Word doc as html with the ordered list tags? Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

It seems to save OK on my system, with the correct HTML tags. Does it make a
difference if you save as "Web Page" instead of "Web Page, Filtered"?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"RB" wrote in message
In Office 2007 when I save a numbered list as filtered HTML, the tags are
saved as paragraph p tags instead of the ol tags. Is there a way to
save
a Word doc as html with the ordered list tags? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RB RB is offline

Thank you for the reply.
It did not make a difference whether I saved as save as "Web Page" or "Web
Page, Filtered"

However, I went to:
Word Options -- Advanced -- and checked the "Normal style for bulleted or
numbered lists"

After doing so, the ol tags appeared for the 1. level and the A. level
when the file was saved as "Web Page filtered".

"RB" wrote in message
In Office 2007 when I save a numbered list as filtered HTML, the tags are
saved as paragraph p tags instead of the ol tags. Is there a way to
save
a Word doc as html with the ordered list tags? Thank you.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Thank you for sharing. I had no idea that the "Use Normal style for bulleted
or numbered lists" option (which I keep checked) would affect saving as HTML.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP