Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mjk mjk is offline

Default Word language change

I have been given a Word document that i viewed on a friend's computer (Word
2003, Windows XP SP2). All was fine. I copied to my flash drive and opened up
on my home computer (Word 2007, Windows Vista business). The language had
changed from English to Greek. I assumed it was a Vista/2007 problem, but
opening it on my work station (XP/ 2003) gave the same result. What is
happening and how can I fix??
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ben M. Schorr, MVP Ben M. Schorr, MVP is offline

Any chance the issue is that the document is using a font that you don't
have installed on your home or work stations?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

"mjk" wrote in message
I have been given a Word document that i viewed on a friend's computer
(Word
2003, Windows XP SP2). All was fine. I copied to my flash drive and opened
up
on my home computer (Word 2007, Windows Vista business). The language had
changed from English to Greek. I assumed it was a Vista/2007 problem, but
opening it on my work station (XP/ 2003) gave the same result. What is
happening and how can I fix??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mjk mjk is offline

That is certainly a possibility - she was using a font that I am not familiar
with (forget what it was). So if I change font to say Arial that will solve
problem?

"mjk" wrote in message
I have been given a Word document that i viewed on a friend's computer
(Word
2003, Windows XP SP2). All was fine. I copied to my flash drive and opened
up
on my home computer (Word 2007, Windows Vista business). The language had
changed from English to Greek. I assumed it was a Vista/2007 problem, but
opening it on my work station (XP/ 2003) gave the same result. What is
happening and how can I fix??

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
mjk mjk is offline

To answer myself changing font to Arial did not work - just got a series of
squares. I imagine that I have to go to her computer, change the font there
and resave...is that right or is there a simpler way?