Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thefreckles thefreckles is offline

Default Need to spilt a circle in Word

I have a circle drawn in Word that I need to split so it looks something
like a cricket ball i.e. an upside arc drawn at the top and a normal arc
drawn at the bottom. I've tried using the Arc in Autoshapes but it's
impossible to do both of them with this. I've tried curves too but
with no success. I'm sure it can be done but am stumped! I need to
add text inside both arcs and in the centre of the circle so it needs
to be not too small and tidy looking.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
thefreckles
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi thefreckles,

How about using an 'oval' shape and drawing a line through it. One advantage of this approach is that you can then right-click on
the shape to change it's formatting to accept text.

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]

"thefreckles" wrote in message ...

I have a circle drawn in Word that I need to split so it looks something
like a cricket ball i.e. an upside arc drawn at the top and a normal arc
drawn at the bottom. I've tried using the Arc in Autoshapes but it's
impossible to do both of them with this. I've tried curves too but
with no success. I'm sure it can be done but am stumped! I need to
add text inside both arcs and in the centre of the circle so it needs
to be not too small and tidy looking.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
thefreckles

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Try the pie slice in More Autoshapes. You can remove the shadow and adjust the
shape.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"thefreckles" wrote in message

I have a circle drawn in Word that I need to split so it looks something
like a cricket ball i.e. an upside arc drawn at the top and a normal arc
drawn at the bottom. I've tried using the Arc in Autoshapes but it's
impossible to do both of them with this. I've tried curves too but
with no success. I'm sure it can be done but am stumped! I need to
add text inside both arcs and in the centre of the circle so it needs
to be not too small and tidy looking.

Anyone have any ideas?

--
thefreckles

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thefreckles[_2_] thefreckles[_2_] is offline

Super! Thank you both for your replies. You've been a great help and
problem is now solved!

--
thefreckles