Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Suzanne Suzanne is offline

Default Index codes Word 07 to earlier

Have created a document in Word 07 with table of contents and index. When
using the save as to allow it to be saved as a Word 97-03 document I find
that when people open it the codes that should not appear are there. Any
suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Suzanne wrote:
Have created a document in Word 07 with table of contents and index.
When using the save as to allow it to be saved as a Word 97-03
document I find that when people open it the codes that should not
appear are there. Any suggestions?

Which codes are appearing? If it's the TOC and INDEX fields, then the
recipient must press Alt+F9 (or go to Tools Options View and uncheck the
Field Codes box). If it's the XE fields, then they have to turn off the
display of text that's formatted as hidden (also in Tools Options View).
In either case, this has nothing to do with the way you're saving the
document -- the problem is on the other end.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman