Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sorrowful Maiden Sorrowful Maiden is offline

Default Why is it incorrect to capitalize the seasons?

i want to know why it is incorrect to capitalize the seasons. i mean what it
wrong with it? isn't capitalization of a word a way to let people know that
the word is being stressed? can someone please let me know what they think of
it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GTS GTS is offline

Capitalization is not for stressing a word or showing its importance. If you
want to emphasize a word, it's appropriate to use italics or, online, the *
symbol before and after.

Capitalization is for proper nouns, titles and the beginning of sentences.
--
GTS

"Sorrowful Maiden" wrote:

i want to know why it is incorrect to capitalize the seasons. i mean what it
wrong with it? isn't capitalization of a word a way to let people know that
the word is being stressed? can someone please let me know what they think of
it?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tallahassee Lassie[_2_] Tallahassee Lassie[_2_] is offline

GTS is right - only proper nouns are capitalized. Sometime in the distant
past the grammar gods decided that months are proper nouns but not seasons,
so it's not correct to capitalize them.