Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jim Jim is offline

Default Mailmerge Access 2007 query

I am trying to mail merge information into Word 2007 that is obtained by a
parameter query, which is also created in Access 2007. When going through the
mail merge process, it prompts to select the table or query inside the
database I selected, but queries that have parameters/criteria do not show.
Any help will be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mike[_14_] Mike[_14_] is offline

Hi Jim,
I solved the problem by making my query a "Make Table Query" called
MailMerge. Any time I wish to perform a merge I simply do a new Make Table
Query and it replaces the old one. That way when it asks for a Table it is
always listed listed.
--
Thanks,

Mike

"jim" wrote:

I am trying to mail merge information into Word 2007 that is obtained by a
parameter query, which is also created in Access 2007. When going through the
mail merge process, it prompts to select the table or query inside the
database I selected, but queries that have parameters/criteria do not show.
Any help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

In Word, click on the Office Button and then on Word Options in the bottom
border and then on the Advanced item and scroll down to the General section
and check the box against the "Confirm file format conversion at open" item.
Then when you attach the data source to the mail merge main document, try
the different methods of connection that are available (you may need to
click on the Show all button). Alternatively, start from Access, open the
query supplying the response required by the parameter and then go to the
External Data tab of the ribbon and click on the More button in the Export
section and select "Merge it with Microsoft Office Word"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"jim" wrote in message
I am trying to mail merge information into Word 2007 that is obtained by a
parameter query, which is also created in Access 2007. When going through
the
mail merge process, it prompts to select the table or query inside the
database I selected, but queries that have parameters/criteria do not
show.
Any help will be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jim Jim is offline

Thank you very much for the help. It works properly now. In Word 2007, I
didn't know where to find "Confirm file format at open" selection, since one
must use the DDE. Again, thank you.