Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Randy is offline

Default All instances of Heading 1 not displayed

I'm working in Word 2003, and when I select FormatStyles and Formatting,
then right-click on Heading 1, and click "Select all 4 instance(s)", only
three are highlighted in the document. I only have three chapters (three
heading 1's).

How can I find the 4th instance?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Randy Randy is offline

Do I do that by ToolsOptionsView tab, then selecting every box in the
Formatting Marks section?

I did that, and the 4th instance of Heading 1 style is still not shown.

On Nov 21, 5:10 pm, Randy wrote:
I'm working in Word 2003, and when I select FormatStyles and Formatting,
then right-click on Heading 1, and click "Select all 4 instance(s)", only
three are highlighted in the document. I only have three chapters (three
heading 1's).

How can I find the 4th instance?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That way, you can choose which ones to show (but they'll always show).
Or, to show all of them -- even the dots for spaces between words --
only for a moment, just click the paragraph symbol button on the
toolbar.

I think what Suzanne suggested is to go to Find (Ctrl-Find) More
Format Style Heading 1 (don't put any text in the Find box), then
click Find Next until the hiding one turns up.

(That reminds me: the paragraph mark button also makes Hidden text
visible -- that might help.)