Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MB MB is offline

Default Multiply in Word 2007 Table

Is it possible to calculate other than Sum? In my table I'd like to be able
to multiply one cell with another. Does it work like Excel? Do rows/columns
have numbers and letters?

In one cell is a cost (i.e., 0.332) and the next cell is the qty (i.e.,
1130). I'd like the next cell to contain the total cost ($375.16).

Is this possible?

Thank you.
--
MB
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes and no and yes.

1. If you look at Table | Formula, you'll see that there are numerous
functions. You can learn more about these by looking at the Help topic
"Field codes: = (Formula) field," which spells out the operators, functions,
table references, etc.

2. No, it doesn't work quite like Excel because all cell references are
absolute; if you add a row or column, formulas don't update automatically.
And the Sum(Above) and Sum(Left) and similar functions stop at the first
empty cell, making it necessary to use cell range references if any cells
will be empty.

3. Rows and columns have numbers and letters, but it can be difficult to
find out what they are, especially if any cells are merged. But see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...eIncorrect.htm and
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Table_Cell_Data.htm.

http://word.mvps.org

"MB" wrote in message
Is it possible to calculate other than Sum? In my table I'd like to be
able
to multiply one cell with another. Does it work like Excel? Do
rows/columns
have numbers and letters?

In one cell is a cost (i.e., 0.332) and the next cell is the qty (i.e.,
1130). I'd like the next cell to contain the total cost ($375.16).

Is this possible?

Thank you.
--
MB

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi MB,

To see how to do a wide range of other calculations in Word, check out my Word Field Maths Tutorial, at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=365442
or
http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm#Third_party

--