Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
NowWow NowWow is offline

Default How do I save the Page Setup settings for letterhead usage?

I have new company letterhead and have worked hard to set top, left, bottom
and right margins. How do I save those in Word 2003 so that if I'm printing
on this letterhead in future, I can just call up the format and create the
document without typing in all the measurements?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Save it as a template; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm

http://word.mvps.org

"NowWow" wrote in message
I have new company letterhead and have worked hard to set top, left, bottom
and right margins. How do I save those in Word 2003 so that if I'm
printing
on this letterhead in future, I can just call up the format and create the
document without typing in all the measurements?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:43:01 -0800, NowWow
wrote:

I have new company letterhead and have worked hard to set top, left, bottom
and right margins. How do I save those in Word 2003 so that if I'm printing
on this letterhead in future, I can just call up the format and create the
document without typing in all the measurements?

In the File Save As dialog, change the "Save as type" dropdown to
"Word Template (*.dot)" and save the letterhead as a template.

When you want a new letter, click File New and then click the "On my
computer" link. In the dialog that appears, choose your letterhead
template to make a new document with all the same measurements.

It may help to read http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm
and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rocky Rocky is offline

Along the same lines as the folks' previous answer, you can also save your
settings by saving over top of your normal.doc (or is it normal.dot). This is
the default page / settings that is opened every time you start a new doc in
word. Just be sure that if you change normal.dot file it is because you need
those specific dimensions MOST of the time and not SOME of the time.
Otherwise you'll be constantly working again to make all your docs margins
back to normal.

Perhaps try the saving as template and using that for awhile. If you find
you want / need to have it open with your dimensions MOST of the time then do
my suggestion. Hope it helps.
--
Rocky''''''''s Curious Coding