Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kit M Kit M is offline

Default Book fold won't print properly

I have Word 2003 and am trying to print a 4-page booklet with the margins set
at .3" and the gutter at 0. The left side of the page prints fine, but the
right side prints with an extra .825" margin on the inside. I'm using a
custom size paper (7.125" x 9.25") and am wondering if this is causing the
problem...

Thanks for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Some printers have difficulty accommodating custom paper sizes and that can
often be overcome by using a standard paper size and adjusting the margins
so that the text ends up in the required place on the paper.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Kit M" Kit wrote in message
I have Word 2003 and am trying to print a 4-page booklet with the margins
set
at .3" and the gutter at 0. The left side of the page prints fine, but
the
right side prints with an extra .825" margin on the inside. I'm using a
custom size paper (7.125" x 9.25") and am wondering if this is causing the
problem...

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kit M[_2_] Kit M[_2_] is offline

The problem doesn't appear to be the printer. I have no idea how to reset
the margins to make this work. I've tried a few variations, but since the
left side was printing fine before, any changes I make to the margins affect
that side as well.

It's just a single sheet of paper with the 4 pages and only 2 of them are
problematic.