Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TJ TJ is offline

Default Tempate Building How-To's?

I've been tasked with converting our company's current set of collateral
(mostly in Adobe InDesign) into user-friendly Word Templates (v 2007). I'm
fairly comfortable in Word, but not really skilled at creating a master
template file that will be widespread used.
For example, I don't need help on *how* to create a table... I need to know
what is the benefit of a table vs. a 3 column page... or is there a different
way to do this.
I run into multiple ways to do something, and wonder what way is best, from
the standpoint of multiple people using this template. Do you know of any
books, sites, podcasts, etc. that are available which might be helpful to me?
If this is more of a page layout question, I can repost there too...

Thanks in advance
TJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

The site http://www.word.mvps.org contains a lot of information of
this sort. The articles
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart1.htm
and
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm
are a starting place. There's plenty more -- for the example you
cited, read http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/UsingColumns.htm.

And of course, you can always ask more specific questions here.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 09:44:02 -0800, TJ
wrote:

I've been tasked with converting our company's current set of collateral
(mostly in Adobe InDesign) into user-friendly Word Templates (v 2007). I'm
fairly comfortable in Word, but not really skilled at creating a master
template file that will be widespread used.
For example, I don't need help on *how* to create a table... I need to know
what is the benefit of a table vs. a 3 column page... or is there a different
way to do this.
I run into multiple ways to do something, and wonder what way is best, from
the standpoint of multiple people using this template. Do you know of any
books, sites, podcasts, etc. that are available which might be helpful to me?
If this is more of a page layout question, I can repost there too...

Thanks in advance
TJ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TJ TJ is offline

Thanks much MVP peeps (for all you do)! You rock!

TJ
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Macmike Macmike is offline

I have been trying to created a Sermon outline template using Microsoft
Office for Mac 2008.

Here is basically what I am trying to do.

Document sizes Left 2.39, Right 2.14, Top .25, Bottom 3.38 and a Footer of
3.6.

The outline looks something like this.

Title (centered)

Scripture (centered, Italic)

Introduction (left and Italic)

1. (text indented .25 )

A. (would be indented .25 and then text indented .25)

Discussion: (Italic, left)

I. (Left, Bold then text indented .25)

A. (would be indented .25 and then text indented .25)

1. Would be indented .5 and then text indented .25)

a. Would be indented .75 and then text indented .25)

Conclusion: (Italic, left)

1. (Left) like the Introduction.

Does anyone have a template similiar to this I would want to be able to use
Tab to go from Main Point to subpoint to detail (I think what is called
increase indent) and then Shift tab to decrease indent say if at detail I.A.
2 to go back for Main point II.

Any help ideas appreciated. Any templates to share always appreciated.

Dr. Mike Hughes, D.Min., Th.D., Ph.D.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...platePart1.htm. Define
styles for the various types of paragraphs; for the numbered ones, see
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html

http://word.mvps.org