Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Kat Kat is offline

Default Section Breaks

I inherited a 61 page document that has a table of contents. There is a
section break that I want to delete. I would like to delete all the section
breaks as it seems to make the page numbering start over. How can I do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You don't have to delete the section breaks to make the page numbering
continuous. For each section, in the Page Number Format dialog box, choose
"Continue from previous section."

To display the dialog box, first activate the header and footer area, for
example by double-clicking the header. Then do the following:

- Click the Format Page Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar (Word
97-2003).

- Click Page Number | Format Page Numbers on the Header & Footer Tools
Design tab of the ribbon (Word 2007).

You can use the Next (Next Section) and Previous (Previous Section) buttons
to move between headers (footers) in any version of Word.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP